Vegetarian… Gluten Free… Dairy Free… Grain Free…
The perfect alternative to store bought bread. It’s delicious toasted for breakfast or as a snack. I love this with chopped avocado and fresh herbs on top.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch/arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal (I sometimes use LSA mix)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch himalayan sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (canned or homemade)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 up coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients and pour into loaf tin.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
Take the bread out of the pan and let it cool on a wire rack. Slice it up when cool and pop it in the freezer. This bread becomes even more delicious after freezing. When you want a slice, just pop it in the toaster and it becomes crunchy and flavoursome – then add your favourite topping and enjoy…