Essential Oils are pure extracts from plants, they are 50-70 times more powerful than herbs. They are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants. Plants produce essential oils to fight threats such a mould, bacteria, viruses and fungus. Essential Oils have been used for thousands of years for their medicinal and therapeutic benefits. All doTERRA oils are independently tested Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils and are amazing and now part of my everyday life. They can
During my journey to grow back my hair, I’ve been trying to reduce any toxicity I put on my body and around our home. I first started off using doTERRA Geranium oil instead of perfume and fell in love with its beautiful smell. I always get people stopping and asking me what I am wearing. It’s still my favourite oil to wear as a perfume. I also bought Lavender Peace as I was having trouble sleeping. It’s a calming blend with oils like lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile and vanilla bean. It brings a sense of tranquility, calm and peace. It is perfect for rubbing on your feet or wrists and getting a restful nights sleep.
Since my first two bottles, I’ve become a doTERRA Wellness Advocate and now use them for everything, even my family and friends have become hooked. They are truly addictive.
Here are just a few essential oils that I use –
- Basil Oil – rubbed directly on my adrenals helped with my adrenal fatigue. It supports any mental strain I am having and helps strengthens the adrenals and restore the body to its natural rhythms of sleep, activity and rest.
- Frankincense – also known as the Oil of Truths. This oil is incredibly powerful and brings about healthy cellular function. It’s another of my favourites and I rub it on my heart chakra daily to help manage anxiety plus have been using it recently to heal a wound on my finger.
- Lavender – is calming and relaxing (great in the bath) but is also perfect for healing my little man’s mozzie bites. One drop of this twice daily on his bites and they are gone in no time. I also make my own fabric softener (with Apple Cider Vinegar and bicarb soda) and also pop a few drops of lavender into the mix, it makes our clothes smell amazing.
- Clary Calm – this ones great for balancing your hormones, especially around your periods. Just roll it on your lower abdomen and any pain is gone. It helps to balance your mood and keeps you calm. I recently went off birth control after being on it for over 20 years and this has really helped stabilise my periods.
- Oregano – no more antibiotics needed with this powerful oil. Oregano gives your immune system a boost. It also helped kill a small wart on my finger which had been there for years. You can even use it in a bolognaise sauce, you won’t even need a drop, it’s so strong.
- Peppermint – perfect for headaches (no more nurafen) – my husband and kids use it. My Dad also uses peppermint oil for his sciatic nerve which causes him much pain, just a drop of this relieves the ache. It’s great for alertness and I’ve popped it on my daughter’s feet when she has an exam at school to keep her energy high. It’s also clears your airways. I even use a few drops to make peppermint bliss balls, yummy.
- Lemon – a few drops of this freshens your dishwasher and glasses come out crystal clean. Delicious in hot water first thing in the morning (a great way to start the day) or put it in your water bottle for a delicious flavour. Also great for removing stickers and sticky things.
- Grapefruit – has a beautiful fragrance and I make up an air freshener with filtered water to spray around my home. Also supports healthy metabolism, pop a few drops in your water bottle.
Each day I use one drop of Zendocrine (a detox blend), two drops of DDR Prime (a cellular complex), one drop of Tea Tree and one drops of Oregano in a vegetable capsule for healthy cellular function. This was muscle tested for me as being beneficial for my health.
I also use the oils to help stimulate and grow back my hair, please see my other post with recipes for growing back your hair using essential oils.
Essential Oils are also beneficial for balancing emotions and I use them each day depending on what mood I am in. Vetiver helps me feel grounded and emotionally connected. Arborvitae helps to trust in divine grace. TerraShield helps to protect me and gives me strength. You’ll be amazed with the changes these oils make in your life.
Over the coming months, I’ll also post some of my favourite recipes using doTERRA oils including natural hand sanitiser, carpet cleaner, makeup brush cleaner, hand cleansing spray, air freshener, deodarant, hand soap, bath bombs, drain cleaner, mouth wash, epsom salt baths etc.
It’s funny how having my hair fall out has changed my life in so many ways. Had it not fallen out, I don’t think I would be using these amazing oils in my life. They have definitely contributed to my healing by reducing toxicity in my body and environment, balancing my emotions and hormones, healing my physical body plus increasing my spiritual awareness and connection. Yes, it sounds crazy but they have.
For more information on doTERRA oils, please visit http://mydoterra.com/joannemussalli