With the colder weather here in Australia, I have been cooking up some delicious and nutritious soups. This anti inflammatory soup has become a family favourite and has loads of flavour with all the delicious spices. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory that will help to heal your gut. Garlic and ginger are powerful immune boosting herbs.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or 2 tsp ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder (I use an organic one from my local store)
- 1 large cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) vegetable stock (I make my own vege stock paste with herbs and veggies, but if you buy a store bought one, get one with no additives, etc)
- 1 tin (425g) coconut milk (additive free)
Himalayan pink salt, pepper to taste and fresh coriander to serve.
- Melt the oil or ghee in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry till browned. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin and curry powder and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the cauliflower, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cool slightly and puree with a stick mixer or blender till smooth. Add salt and/or pepper to taste and garnish with coriander.
- My paleo bread recipe is a delicious accompaniment. Enjoy…